Request for comments

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sun Jul 22 09:20:31 IST 2007

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007, Julian Field wrote:

> That would be easy to add. Would many people use it?
> It would just be an "Adjust SpamAssassin Score" configuration option.
>
> I'm still unconvinced that adding the Subject matching would actually get
> used by many people. Very few people have said "yes, I have a definite need
> and a use for it".

Well I may never use the rules on just the subject as far as I can tell
now. But things might change rapidly. I will most likly end up using a
situation where I might play with rules based on SA keys as John
suggested.

I most definitly like that idea.

Having the ability to classify based on domain namnes is rather usefull
for me as I could lift the blacklist entry for hotmail.com in postfix and
jusst add some penalty points to the message. Then family members with
hotmail contacts will have to dig in the quarantine for those messages or
whitelist the addresses them selves but it would free me of lots of other
hotmail  junk. (And they do indeed get send through the hotmail servers.)

It beats having to drum up my own SA rules.

Hugo.

 		(Thanks JFK, for the insight.)