Request for comments 3

Alex Broens ms-list at alexb.ch
Sun Jul 22 19:57:46 IST 2007

On 7/22/2007 8:08 PM, Julian Field wrote:

> Alex Broens wrote:

>>> What were your extra actions you suggested? I couldn't understand
>>> your examples. Its spec isn't nailed by any means. "forward" already
>>> exists.
>> pls see below:
>>
>> AXB_RCVD_ZOOBSEND From:blah3 at domain.tld
>> DELETE|QUARANTINE|FORWARD|REDIRECT: blah33domain.tld
>>
>> In my understanding:
>> FORWARD modifies the "From"
>> REDIRECT doesn't  so the sender is the original
> In MailScanner, forward doesn't modify the From, it just adds another
> recipient to the message.
>
>> *Your* FORWARD equals *my* REDIRECT
> Yes.
>> how to name the modified sender "Forward" ? dunno
>>
>> do I make any sense?
> In your terminology, forward doesn't exist, only redirect. After all, as
> you say, what would I put in for the modified sender? I'm not willing to
> modify the sender address.

ok.. after rethinking, I agree.

would be like a BCC

FORWARD:someother.rcpt at someother.domain.tld (for archiving, notifying,
responder, etc, requirements)

> So, with that said, what extras are you suggesting?

obviously all this can normaly be done at MTA level, but I believe it
would be practical and unique to be able to do such stuff at gateway level.

Alex