Request for comments 3

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Jul 22 19:08:18 IST 2007

Alex Broens wrote:
> On 7/22/2007 7:25 PM, Julian Field wrote:
>>

>> Alex Broens wrote:

>>> It sounded like you were asking/requesting for comments but if its
>>> spec is nailed, I guess the extra actions also go down the drain.
>>> (the ones which I believe would have really added value to the feature)
>> What were your extra actions you suggested? I couldn't understand
>> your examples. Its spec isn't nailed by any means. "forward" already
>> exists.
>
> pls see below:
>
> AXB_RCVD_ZOOBSEND From:blah3 at domain.tld
> DELETE|QUARANTINE|FORWARD|REDIRECT: blah33domain.tld
>
> In my understanding:
> FORWARD modifies the "From"
> REDIRECT doesn't  so the sender is the original
In MailScanner, forward doesn't modify the From, it just adds another
recipient to the message.

> *Your* FORWARD equals *my* REDIRECT
Yes.
> how to name the modified sender "Forward" ? dunno
>
> do I make any sense?
In your terminology, forward doesn't exist, only redirect. After all, as
you say, what would I put in for the modified sender? I'm not willing to
modify the sender address.

So, with that said, what extras are you suggesting?

Jules

- --
Julian Field MEng CITP

Contact me at Jules at Jules.FM