Thanks for previous answers + How to stop "cascading" MailScanners from multiple scans?

Rick Tait rickt at rickt.org
Wed Jul 18 16:22:14 IST 2007

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone for their very useful and kind replies to my questions
the other day regarding whitelisting. All is working very well now -- THANK
YOU!

I do have another question however.

I have multiple MailScanner boxes on multiple networks, all "backing each
other up" as secondary/tertiary MX servers, etc. Sometimes however, due to
the vagaries of routing, up/down circuits etc, it comes to pass that an
email's route to its final delivery destination in our network means that
the machine must pass through multiple MailScanner boxes. What I am seeing
is that MailScanner will scan each email, regardless of whether it has
already been scanned or not.

My question is this: How do I have MailScanner scan an email just once? i.e.
If any of the MailScanner headers are already present in the email, how do I
have the email automatically just passed through?

Thanks so much!
-Rick.