How to Allow mails marked "could be a suspicious file "

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Wed Jul 18 15:29:16 IST 2007

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, ram wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 17:40 +0100, Julian Field wrote:
>>
>> This looks to me like a report from a virus scanner. See if there is a
>> command-line option for your scanner that stops it looking for things
>> like this. If you tell me what scanner you're using, then I can tell you
>> where the mod needs to be made.
>
> I am using clamavmodule and f-prot

I used to be rather fond of F-Prot. But in recent months I am able to test
the various AV solutions against malware collected by some major parties.
And all of a sudden F-Prot is falling rather behind.

My test collection shot from 45k to over 100k of unique samples in 3
months. And F-Prot scores only 32%. ClamAV scores 74%.

These are rather crude results at the moment as I need to rewrite a lot of
the parsing scripts to handle the new setup. But I hope to present more
detailed information in a month or so.

Hugo.

 		(Thanks JFK, for the insight.)