Feature(s)

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at nkpanama.com
Thu Jul 12 20:10:58 IST 2007

Billy A. Pumphrey wrote:
> Is it possible to do a major version of MailScanner to pretty much be a
> MailArchiver?  I am not a programmer, but seems like there may or may
> not have to be big changes to do the following:
>
> - Receive the email from Exchange Journal
> - See if the MailWatch guy can alter the code to reflect the changes.
> - Be able to export the searched results to a single file or even a PST
> for moving between systems.
>
> I just love everything about MailScanner and would love the layout to
> accomplish this sort of task.  If Julian is willing to accept money for
> these sort of changes and according to what the price might be, we
> (really me) (the law firm) would most likely be willing to put some
> money toward this.
>
> I have tried some demos of other software that does mail archiving but
> they just don't suite me.
>
> Any thoughts?

This functionality (apart from the PST stuff) is already built into
MailScanner, and it's pretty flexible through the use of rulesets. In
fact, you can do a poor man's version of "archive only nonspam" by using
it in conjunction with another ruleset on "non spam actions =".

You can even set it up so that it becomes an IMAP-readable archive of
your e-mail if you tweak it right.