MailScanner.conf and MailScanner.conf.local

Nigel Kendrick support-lists at petdoctors.co.uk
Wed Jul 11 19:52:43 IST 2007

Julian et al.

It occurs to me that over my not-very-massive pile of 4 mail servers, many
of the settings are common to the lot and if I tweak a 'generic' setting on
one I generally tweak it on all of them. To this end, is it possible (or
would it be possible) to have the site-specific settings in one config file
and generic ones in another (MailScanner.conf.local and MailScanner.conf?)
so I could arrange for a replication script to keep the generics in sync?

Following on from that, is there (or could there) be a mechanism to remotely
restart MailScanner - say, for example, by MailScanner noticing the creation
of /etc/MailScanner/restart.flg that could be put in place during a sync
operation as mentioned above?

Just wonderin'

Thanks

Nigel Kendrick