Commercial scanner clamav timed out!

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Mon Jul 9 14:56:59 IST 2007

msht wrote:
> Dear Wilson
> did u find any solusion for this problem? i'm also having the same sort
> of problem and yet to find any solusion.
>
> Rgds.

Last week, I was getting tons of DDOS messages and also receiving this
message in my logs. I am using an older version of everything as I
haven't updated recently. I had just switched to clamavmodule on this
machine.

Anyway, I'm not totally sure which resolved the problem, but I switched
back to clamav and started mass blocking (in my access file and
firewall) the IP ranges that were causing the problem messages. It was
all related to timeouts, though, and I have a feeling the suggestions
given in prior posts would solve the problem if you can get the timeout
long enough to otherwise not cause problems with the delay.

I haven't seen the log messages since.

Steve Campbell