Mailscanner and Virtualmin

Michael Mansour micoots at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 04:44:15 IST 2007

Hi guys,

Chris Yuzik <itdept at fractalweb.com> wrote: Johnny Stork wrote:
> I thought I would try out virtualmin to manage a few localing hosted
> sites but have noticed that within the VirtualMin interface in Webmin,
> on my gateway mail server running MailScanner, the "Start Mailserver"
> and "Start Dovecot" buttons are crossed out indicating that VM does not
> appear to "see" mailscanner? Does anyone have any expereicne setting up
> VM on a machine running Mailscanner?

We've played around with Virtualmin, and it's fine with MailScanner,
although it doesn't seem to "see" MailScanner and does think that the
mail server is down. Aside from that, everything is okay.
I use Virtualmin GPL and Virtualmin Pro with MailScanner and have been for years. There's no such thing as "MailScanner support in Virtualmin", since Virtualmin only checks whether sendmail is running or not.

But it doesn't matter, MailScanner works, Virtualmin works, Virtualmin does not need to interact with MailScanner since they both do different things.

Regards,

Michael.