Filename rule question

Marco Induni minduni at ti-edu.ch
Fri Jul 6 10:21:58 IST 2007

Glenn Steen wrote:
> On 05/07/07, Marco Induni <minduni at ti-edu.ch> wrote:
>> Glenn Steen wrote:
>> > On 05/07/07, Marco Induni <minduni at ti-edu.ch> wrote:
>> > (snip)

>> and

>> > Normally you'd see the EOCD error from that line, which is safe to
>> > ignore.... This though, I've mostly seen when the attachments really
>> > have been damaged (bad MIME)... You don't have any "pre-filters" that
>> > could confuse things, do you?
>>
>> Glenn,
>> I'm not sure of the meaning of "pre-filters", but we do just Antivirus
>> and  + Spamassasin.
>
> Just fishing for any other software to blame:-)... Like a milter...
> That would happen before MailScanner can get a hold of it...

Ah, I see. No any pre-filter so.

> [...]
>>
>> This is MailScanner version 4.61.7
>> Module versions are:
>> 1.00    AnyDBM_File
>> 1.16    Archive::Zip
>> 1.01    Carp
>> 1.119   Convert::BinHex
>> 1.00    DirHandle
>> 1.04    Fcntl
>> 2.71    File::Basename
>> 2.05    File::Copy
>> 2.01    FileHandle
>> 1.05    File::Path
>> 0.13    File::Temp
>> 0.90    Filesys::Df
>> 1.35    HTML::Entities
>> 3.56    HTML::Parser
>> 2.37    HTML::TokeParser
>> 1.23    IO
>> 1.14    IO::File
>> 1.13    IO::Pipe
>> 1.77    Mail::Header
>> 1.86    Math::BigInt
>> 3.05    MIME::Base64
>> 5.420   MIME::Decoder
>> 5.420   MIME::Decoder::UU
>> 5.420   MIME::Head
>> 5.420   MIME::Parser
>> 3.03    MIME::QuotedPrint
>> 5.420   MIME::Tools
>> 0.11    Net::CIDR
>> 1.05    POSIX
>> 1.09    Scalar::Util
>> 1.75    Socket
>> 1.4     Sys::Hostname::Long
>> 0.18    Sys::Syslog
>> 1.9707  Time::HiRes
>> 1.02    Time::localtime
>>
>> Optional module versions are:
>> 1.29    Archive::Tar
>> 0.21    bignum
>> missing Business::ISBN
>> missing Business::ISBN::Data
>> 0.17    Convert::TNEF
>> missing Data::Dump
>> 1.815   DB_File
>> 1.13    DBD::SQLite
>> 1.56    DBI
>> 1.15    Digest
>> 1.01    Digest::HMAC
>> 2.36    Digest::MD5
>> 2.11    Digest::SHA1
>> missing Encode::Detect
>> missing Error
>> missing ExtUtils::CBuilder
>> missing ExtUtils::ParseXS
>> missing Inline
>> 1.08    IO::String
>> 1.04    IO::Zlib
>> 2.23    IP::Country
>> missing Mail::ClamAV
>> 3.001009        Mail::SpamAssassin
>> missing Mail::SPF
>> 1.999001        Mail::SPF::Query
>> 0.19    Math::BigRat
>> missing Module::Build
>> 0.20    Net::CIDR::Lite
>> 0.60    Net::DNS
>> missing Net::DNS::Resolver::Programmable
>> missing Net::LDAP
>> missing NetAddr::IP
>> missing Parse::RecDescent
>> missing SAVI
>> 2.26    Test::Harness
>> missing Test::Manifest
>> 1.89    Text::Balanced
>> 1.35    URI
>> missing version
>> missing YAML
>>

> To my tired eyes that doesn't look that bad... More's the pity...
Hope now you eyes are better
> Seems you don't install SA and Clamav by way of Jules easy package (or
> else a lot more of the optional modules would be there)... Hm... One
> could start installing those, of course, but I don't see them having
> an effect.
In fact, we use uvscan(mcafee) and sometime clamav AV, but they are
installed apart (SA via CPAN / clamav make /make install)

  You did say that restoring the default filename/filetype
> rules files and reloading/restarting MailScanner didn't have any
> effect either? Most strange.
Yes, it is so.

> How did you install the MIME::* packages? Via jules installer or via
> distro or CPAN?
Via jules. I've installed the new version a couple of days ago.

Cheers

--
Marco Induni
Universita` della Svizzera italiana