Whitelist issue

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Thu Jul 5 13:06:06 IST 2007

On Thu, 5 Jul 2007, Vivek Mittal wrote:

> This is going a bit off-topic from getting whitelisting to work in the
> first place.  However, I am interested in know more about how
> whitelisting your own domain can get you listed.  The way we are using
> MailScanner is to scan all incoming email.  I have set up our mail
> server to accept emails to our domain only and not to relay anything
> else.  I'm pretty sure that our server is not an open relay.  So how
> does whitelisting the domain affect this?

If you are a corporate network and have reasonable security in place I
guess not.

But if you are an evil bunny working for an ISP with thousands of DSL
subscribers you are in quite a different situation.

And part of my job is cleaning out corporate networks after the got hosed
by malware. So even corporate networks can get themselves blacklisted.

Hugo.

PS: