Postfix Address Verification

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 12:06:36 IST 2007

On 05/07/07, --[ UxBoD ]-- <uxbod at splatnix.net> wrote:
> I do the same for a client who runs Lotus Notes.  Hourly dump from LDAP of
> all users email addresses and then postmap it.  We have cut down email to
> the internal Notes servers from £150k per day to 5k, through a combination
> of PF and MailScanner.

Yeah Phil, I do that myself too, although I dump (a not that big) AD
every 15 minutes, so that I don't have to rely on the M-Sexchange
admin to do the right thing... Saves me job as well as him:-). In my
case I only reduce total volume (by that particular measure) by about
25% though... Total rejected fluctuating between 35 - 50%... Call me
lucky:-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn