Filename rule question

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 11:49:37 IST 2007

On 05/07/07, Marco Induni <minduni at ti-edu.ch> wrote:
(snip)
> Also tried to use the sample rule filename.rules.conf directly setting
> the "Filename Rules = %etc-dir%/filename.rules.conf, but nothing.
>
> At the end I made one of the two mailgateway reacheble just for me, and
> set the Mailscanner in debug mode.
> This the output when a send an email:
>
>  >>>>>
> Ignore errors about failing to find EOCD signature
> format error: file is too short
>   at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 832
> Stopping now as you are debugging me.
>  >>>>>

> At the line 832 seems to be the attachment extraction
>
>      831     $0 = 'MailScanner: extracting attachments';
>      832     $batch->Explode();
Normally you'd see the EOCD error from that line, which is safe to
ignore.... This though, I've mostly seen when the attachments really
have been damaged (bad MIME)... You don't have any "pre-filters" that
could confuse things, do you?

> Could be that for some reason this step fail, and then all the rules
> tied to the file attachemnet are skipped ?
>
> In case i'm using
>
> - Mailscanner 4.61.7
> - Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 9)
> - Linux 2.4.21-50.EL
> - Perl 5.8.0
> - Spamassassin 3.1.9

Could you  give a "MailScanner -V" too? Just in case you have a bum
perl module or so:-).

> Hope this could be an hint
>
> Cheers
> marco