Any advice for a new server?

mail lists at gmnet.net
Wed Jul 4 12:56:03 IST 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 11:02 +1000, Res wrote:

Thanks to everyone so far for the insight!  I think I will use Gentoo.
I got somewhat burned by using RH9 the last time.  Almost as soon as I
installed it and got it up and running, they stopped supporting it. I am
really happy with portage as my update path.  I don't mind compiling
stuff from source because I will be doing that anyway for many things.
Also I will not be installing any windowing or desktop applications at
all.  I can't wait to get the Mailscanner book and dive in!

rick