clamd configuration?

Chris Yuzik itdept at fractalweb.com
Wed Jul 4 00:06:19 IST 2007

I have done some further testing, and still cannot get MailScanner to
talk to clamd. Argh!

While tailing /var/log/maillog and /var/log/clamav/clamav.log, with:

  tail -f /var/log/maillog | grep -i clam

and

  tail -f /var/log/clamav/clamd.log

I've done '# clamdscan' in a dir that has the eicar test file in it, and
I immediately see in clamd.log 'Tue Jul  3 15:44:30 2007 ->
/etc/MailScanner/clamtest/eicar_com.zip: Eicar-Test-Signature FOUND'.

If I email the same file to myself, it goes right through the server and
there are no log entries in either log.

So it appears that Clamd is doing its thing, but MailScanner is not
talking to it.

I'd ask the clam people, but at this point this problem is looking like
a MailScanner problem.

Chris