clamd configuration?

Chris Yuzik itdept at fractalweb.com
Tue Jul 3 23:24:22 IST 2007

--[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
> ps -ef | grep clamd
>
> what does that show ?
>
> Anything in /var/log/messages ? Have you ran MailScanner in debug mode ?

# ps -ef | grep clamd
root     26478 14850  0 13:07 pts/1    00:00:00 grep clamd
clamav   32619     1  2 12:08 ?        00:01:38 clamd

If I tail the maillog while grepping for anything about clam, and send
the eicar file through, I get absolutely nothing. Also /var/log/messages
shows that freshclam has updated but nothing else; no mention of the
virus test file.

I've tried MailScanner in debug mode and there weren't any errors.

Chris