clamd configuration?

Chris Yuzik itdept at fractalweb.com
Tue Jul 3 21:02:35 IST 2007

I'm testing clamd instead of clamavmodule, but am still having a
problem. I'm on Centos 4.4 with everything kept up to date.

I'm running MailScanner 4.61.7, and I've got clamd running, and have
specified that MailScanner should use "clamd" as the antivirus scanner.
I've tried sending the eicar test file through and it walks through
everything. I must have missed something.

# MailScanner --lint
Read 777 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
Config: calling custom init function SQLBlacklist
Config: calling custom init function MailWatchLogging
Config: calling custom init function SQLWhitelist
Checking version numbers...
Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.61.7) is correct.

Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
SpamAssassin temporary working directory is
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp
SpamAssassin temp dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp
Using SpamAssassin results cache
Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
SpamAssassin reported no errors.
Using locktype = posix
Creating hardcoded struct_flock subroutine for linux (Linux-type)
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = clamd"
Found these virus scanners installed: clamavmodule, clamd

# grep -i clamd /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf | grep -v '^#'
Virus Scanners = clamd
Clamd Port = 3310
Clamd Socket = /tmp/clamd
Clamd Lock File = /var/lock/subsys/clamd
Clamd Use Threads = yes

Freshclam indicates that clamav is up to date.

Thanks,
Chris