MailScanner not delivering mail anymore

Dave Boltz dboltz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 20:24:47 IST 2007

 I've been going through stuff all day and I'm really stuck here.  I hope
someone can help me.  I use MailScanner with sendmail.  This setup has been
in place for years and worked without problems.  All of a sudden this
weekend it stopped delivering its mail from the incoming queue but instead
just piles up there.  If I modify my MailScanner.conf file to run in debug
mode it will process a bunch of email and send it of but it's always
finishing with the messages below. I notice from MailWatch that if I run
this without debug mode it will start marking all email as a virus after
some time.   The number of EOCD messages seems to very with the number of
email processed in that run. Does anyone have any clues as to how I can
solve this issue?

 <snip>
Starting MailScanner daemons:

         incoming sendmail: SPF milter already running

                                                           [  OK  ]

         outgoing sendmail:                                [  OK  ]

         MailScanner:       In Debugging mode, not forking...

Ignore errors about failing to find EOCD signature

format error: can't find EOCD signature

 at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 820

format error: can't find EOCD signature

 at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 820

commit ineffective with AutoCommit enabled at
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/MailWatch.pm line 93,
<CLIENT> line 707.

Commmit ineffective while AutoCommit is on at
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/MailWatch.pm line 93,
<CLIENT> line 707.

Stopping now as you are debugging me.

                                                           [  OK  ]
</snip>