MailScanner ANNOUNCE: stable 4.61 released

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Mon Jul 2 11:40:15 IST 2007

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007, ram wrote:

> On Sun, 2007-07-01 at 11:42 +0100, Julian Field wrote:
>>
>> I have just released a new version of MailScanner, stable version 4.61.7.
>>
>> The main new things this month are:
>> - - Direct support for clamd, for extra speed.
>> - - Bug fixes in the attachments auto-zip feature introduced last month.
>> - - Bug fixes in the support for Postfix milters.
>>
>> Download as usual from www.mailscanner.info.
>
> This was from a thread sometime  ago
> http://lists.mailscanner.info/pipermail/mailscanner/2007-February/070414.html
>
> Can I use whitelist from IP's to look at ips beyond a relay address.

You are hijacking an announcement to start a new thread.

If you start a new thread then do so with a fresh message.

But MS checks all Received: headers. That is why some readers here used to
barf on my local network address (192.0.2.0/24) in the top Received:
header.

They will do not so anymore as my local postfix server now eats Received:
headers from local clients so they will not leak out any more.

Hugo.

 		(Thanks JFK, for the insight.)