OT: building new server, need MTA advice

Res res at ausics.net
Wed Jan 31 21:35:28 CET 2007

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007, Scott Silva wrote:

> Res spake the following on 1/30/2007 4:37 AM:

>> who voted no to qmail? It in fact the best for virtual domains.

> The original poster of the thread
> "We're looking for something that is secure, efficient, maintained (which
> rules out qmail)..."

Its secure, (afterall it so featureless it must be :)
efficient, yes it is (if patched)
maintained = D.O.A

But still, its the second most popular MTA, and even though I despise it,
It's my best friend in hosting mail servers, as with countless millions of
others :) . but only in virtual domain situation with vpopmail, i'd never
use it as a stand alone MTA with no virtuals, ever.

--
Cheers
Res

"We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie