zero byte exe files filling quarantine, help!!

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Tue Jan 30 15:28:32 CET 2007

Gang,

I'm running beta version 4.58.7, and I've noticed this morning that
a ton of stuff is getting dumped into my MailScanner quarantine
directory.  Everything that ends up there is a zero-byte exe
file like "postcard.exe" or "Greeting Card.exe" (virus?), that
generates a quarantine message back to the sender.  These quarantine
message will make MailScanner look **bad**.  Version 4.57.7 does this
too.  Running sophos 4.14 and the latest clam.

The only quick fix I could think of was to change "Quarantine Infections"
from yes to no.  Anybody else seeing this issue??

Jeff Earickson
Colby College