Performance

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 16:23:18 CET 2007

On 31/01/07, John Schmerold <john at katy.com> wrote:
> Mailscanner list to the rescue. Thank you.
>
> I'll get these suggestions implemented, only one I have problem
> implementing is the relay_recipient_maps suggestions. This box is a
> filter for several endpoints. I have one endpoint (a Exim/Cpanel box)
> that incorrectly states an address doesn't exist, until you actually
> deliver a message, another endpoint (a qmail box) that acknowledges all
> email address, takes in the message, then sends a rejection notice, of
> course, I also have a Groupwise & Exchange server receiving mail. I have
> not given up on this, however, everytime, I've taken a stab at it, bad
> things happen (mail gets bounced).

Ummmmm, you don't use SMTP at all to construct these maps... So no
VERIFY strangeness or somesuch come into play.
Either construct the map file(s) by hand or use some scripted method
(some are mentioned in the wiki, as you might know)... The maps would
look something like
user1 at domain1.tld OK
user2 at domain1.tld OK
etc.
You need postmap the files so that they become hashed db files, else
nothing will work.
I'd suggest you create one map per domain, and construct one script
per domain to update them periodically (on a busy system every 15
minutes could be about right).
Of course you need make sure the files contain every possible
permutation ... aliases and all. But you should be able to test things
out before actually committing it to postfix.

> I'll let the group know the outcome. Thanks again.
Ok.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn