OT: building new server, need MTA advice

Randal, Phil prandal at herefordshire.gov.uk
Tue Jan 30 13:23:43 CET 2007

> Typical outcome .. 2 votes postfix one for exim. A sendmail bash and
> an absolute "no" to qmail.

I'm going to be a backweard-looking heretic and vote for sendmail.

For my purposes, it does just what I want, and has milter support.

So far I've never needed to edit sendmail.cf or put in any nasty hacks,
just a bit of configuration in sendmail.mc, access, and mailertable.

It takes a while to get used to, but the O'Reilly books are excellent,
as are the resources on the web which have been cited often enough on
this list.

Cheers,

Phil

--