OT: building new server, need MTA advice

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 01:17:22 CET 2007

On 30/01/07, Chris Yuzik <itdept at fractalweb.com> wrote:
> Peter Russell wrote:
> > Dont forget to mention that postfix cannot and probably never will be
> > able to split emails that are addressed to multiple recipients into
> > multiple queue files, so you the one email can be subject to various
> > rules, depending on who it was addressed to.
> Hmmm. That's interesting. And this is something that Sendmail does now?
> Or does Sendmail need to be hacked to support this?
>
> I don't think we're really doing any of this now, and am not sure how
> important this feature would be. Anyone else doing this?
>
> Chris
Not really interresting, no. It isn't true.
Postfix can do this, but does it at delivery, so one has to "fake" a
delivery via a dual instance setup and a transport map... It is all in
the wiki (both MAQ and my specific page), when/if you need it.
Pete has been telling us/me this cannot be done, although I've had a
box running with that ever since I wrote the page (and told Pete about
it, IIRC). Don't know why... Maybe he didn't get it to work or
somesuch.

--
-- Glenn