upgrade_languages_conf

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jan 29 22:22:40 CET 2007

Did both languages.conf and languages.conf.rpmnew exist?
I haven't changed this script at all in a *very* long time. It is
actually a soft-link to upgrade_MailScanner_conf. The 2 config files may
well look very different, but they are actually exactly the same, and
the script works out which one you called and gives different help and
usage information based on how you invoked it. Cute huh?

I always did like upgrade_*_conf as it upgrades/downgrades any version
to any other version given only the contents of the 2 files, and
requires no external input in the form of a list of allowed options or
anything like that. Plenty of people have enquired "How on earth do you
do that?" and I just tell them to read the code. Works a treat.

But obviously you are having some problem with it. Do all the relevant
files exist and can you read all of them?

Remco Barendse wrote:
> Is anyone using upgrade_languages_conf on a redhat box?
>
> I never did manage to get it working, with the latest beta I thought
> I'd try again
>
> As suggested when you run upgrade_languages_conf I did this on a
> CentOS 4.4 box :
>
> [root at whatever en]# cd /etc/MailScanner/reports/en
> [root at whatever en]# upgrade_languages_conf languages.conf
> languages.conf.rpmnew > languages.new
>

> But that just throws up the "Usage:" page again (yes that second line
> was all one line, not word wrapped)
>
> Does anyone have a script to simply nuke all the old files and replace
> them with the .rpmnew stuff?
>
> Hopefully that will work better.
>
> Thanks!
> Remco