no RBL checks

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Jan 29 20:48:36 CET 2007

jepoy spake the following on 1/26/2007 7:54 PM:
>> jcb dream.com.ph spake the following on 1/24/2007 11:17 PM:
>>> hi guys,
>>> i tried checking the details on one of my messages which was not tagged
>>> as spam. And mostly i found out that there are no RBL checks, is it
>>> possible that my messages bypass RBL checks ?
>>
>> If the message is under your spam threshold the report won't show unless;
>>
>> # Do you want to always include the Spam Report in the SpamCheck
>> # header, even if the message wasn't spam?
>> # This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
>> Always Include SpamAssassin Report = yes
>>
>> This will give more detail in your messages, and help you see what
>> happened.
>> Otherwise, you need to grep for that message id in the logs to see the
>> detail.
> hi scot,
> i activated the report and saw the details. its giving a low score on the
> message thats why it was not tag as spam. any tips on how to get these
> spams?
> here's the sample spam from accessthislive.com where i got 3 messages per
> minute.
> SpamAssassin (not cached, score=2.701, required 3,
> FORGED_RCVD_HELO 0.05, FROM_ENDS_IN_NUMS 0.52, HTML_00_10 0.14,
> HTML_MESSAGE 0.00, URIBL_OB_SURBL 2.00)
> X-Mail_Server-MailScanner-SpamScore: ss
> X-Mail_Server-MailScanner-From: toni02 at accesthislive.com

Are you using any extra rules? Maybe some from sare
(http://www.rulesemporium.com/)
You could also try some of the digest tools like DCC, Razor, Pyzor, etc..
It takes some amount of tinkering to keep a server efficient with catching spam.
I have to look at mine at least once a week to check for things getting by. I
also have users send me things that get through consistently so I can write
custom rules if I have to.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and