sa-update, the untold story...

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 18:57:27 CET 2007

On 26/01/07, Kevin Miller <Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us> wrote:
> Lars Kristiansen wrote:
> > Kevin Miller skrev:
> >>
> >> 2:  I *think* the proper setting in MailScanner.conf is:
> >>       SpamAssassin Local State Dir = /var/lib/spamassassin
> >>     Earlier versions of MailScanner just had /var/lib.  This should
> >>     be uncommented after a successful sa-update run.
> >
> > I don't think you need this setting any more with recent spamassassin.
>
> I don't know - I sorta got that impression in all my reading but on the
> other hand I don't see any harm in leaving it so that's probably the
> safest bet.

If you specify it, you need amend it as you specify... But many (if
not all) *should* manage without since SA should take care of it by
default (mine does). I think this just _might_ depend a bit on what
(packaged) SA one is using, but I haven't corroborated this in any
way.
Specifying it correctly will work for everyone though, so ... Perhaps
one should formulate the wiki entry along those lines?
Cheers
--
-- Glenn