Increased Volumes Of Spam

Daniel Maher daniel.maher at ubisoft.com
Fri Jan 26 15:50:45 CET 2007

> > Just to add my voice to the chorus, I recently implemented SARE
> > updates via sa-update, as per D. O'Shea's excellent service and
> > instructions:
> > http://daryl.dostech.ca/sa-update/sare/sare-sa-update-howto.txt
> >
> > It works flawlessly.
>
> So when you did this, are you running the spamassassin updates out of
> the cron.daily job and the sare updates with crontab or what?  It isn't
> clear to me how to integrate the sare stuff with the regular rules -
> i.e., whether it's two steps or just one...
>

> ...Kevin

I am running sa-update via a daily cronjob, which pulls down both the SA default rules, as well as the SARE rules of my choosing in one fell swoop.  There is no magic to integrating the "sare stuff" wit the "regular rules"; simply create a small config file with the rules you want, in the form:

updates.spamassassin.org
70_sare_adult.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
70_sare_header0.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
70_sare_obfu0.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
[..etc..]

Then, in your cronjob, specify that you'd like to use said config file during your sa-update run:
/usr/bin/sa-update --channelfile <file>

Done!

--
  _