Mqueue.in huge

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 20:06:48 CET 2007

On 25/01/07, Jay Chandler <chandler.lists at chapman.edu> wrote:
> Marcello Anderlini wrote:
> > Sorry, if I answer just today but I way busy.
> >
> > I've checked In /etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf but I found just this
> > lines nothing else
> > =============================
> > # MailScanner
> > # MailScanner users, please
> > =============================
> > It's correct ? But If I add the lines you suggested the spam controls will
> > stoped at all ?
> >
> > Sorry again for my worst english and thanks for any kind of help you will
> > give me..
> >
> > bye
> >

> Howdy.
>
> MailScanner.conf is a couple of thousand lines long-- that's not correct
> at all.
>
> I'd suggest getting a fresh copy out of the tar file at
> www.mailscanner.info-- I'd also wonder what else is corrupted on your
> installation.

Hi Jay & Marcello,

First... Jay: MailScanner.conf != mailscanner.cf (which is just a
symlink to spam.assassin.prefs.conf)... You knew that;-)

Second, Marcello: I assume the lines you are asking about are the
score lines as suggested by Martin (simply turning off some RBLs in
SpamAssassin).
The reason to turn these of is _if_ you can see (with a test message
run through spamassassin manually) that some BL or other is taking a
long time to finish... If a few of them do SA might take a rather long
while to finish, in turn leading to MailScanner killing it off and
logging the incident. *If* you see this, it might be a good idea to do
this. And yes, it would perhaps affect the scoring a bit, if you
turned them all off.
You should also check over any digest checks... All this would
probably be very obvious (one would hope, at least:-) if you do a
spamassassin -D -t < /path/to/test/file

Hopefully this all is passing the language barrier OK... I think we'll
stick with english though... I suspect your Swedish is even
worse;-):-)... And that are the two languages I'm really fluent in,
so...:/

Cheers
--
-- Glenn