dcc,razor,pyzor on MS running centos4.4

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 14:28:11 CET 2007

On 25/01/07, jepoy <jcb at dream.com.ph> wrote:

> > On 25/01/07, Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> On 25/01/07, jepoy <jcb at dream.com.ph> wrote:
> > (snip)
> > The quote got a bit garbled, here's a better one:-)
> >> ... For pyzor that might be as little as (in my case):
> > # egrep -r -i pyzor /etc/mail/spamassassin/
> > /etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf:pyzor_path /usr/bin/pyzor
> > /etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf:# To stop Pyzor checks,
> > uncomment the following line
> > /etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf:#  use_pyzor      0
> > /etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf:pyzor_timeout 10
> > /etc/mail/spamassassin/v310.pre:# Pyzor - perform Pyzor message checks.
> > /etc/mail/spamassassin/v310.pre:loadplugin
> > Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor
> > #
> >
> Hi glen,
>
> got that, though im still using spamassassin=3.0.6.is this ok ?
> [root at mail MailScanner]# egrep -r -i pyzor /etc/mail/spamassassin/
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf:ifplugin
> Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf:pyzor_path /usr/bin/pyzor
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf:# To stop Pyzor checks, uncomment the
> following line
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf:#  use_pyzor      0
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf:pyzor_timeout 10
You don't seem to actually load the prugin anywhere, so ... no Pyzor
unless you do:(

> [root at mail MailScanner]# rpm -qa|grep spam
> spamassassin-3.0.6-1.el4
As Ugo suggests, deinstall this version of SA (and any non-source
install of clamav) and use Jules package for them instead. It'll help
you with module dependencies and some configs.
Still, Check your *.pre files that you actually load the plugins you
want (they need be mentioned _once_, although there is little harm in
having them more than once... it might be a bit confusing if you
comment the one, thinking it would disable the function... and then
the next -pre file sucking it in:-):-).

> im on way checking razor now. and finding a way to change these
> /var/spool/postfix/hold/razor-agent.log.
> i already created a directory razor on
> /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin/razor.

Ah, so you run Postfix. Two possible solutions. Either do as you try
do below (just make sure you specify a plain non-existant filename and
it'll work better), or ... do it another way:
As root:
cd ~postfix
mkdir .pyzor
mkdir .razor
mkdir .spamassassin
chown postfix.postfix .pyzor .razor .spamassassin
su - postfix -s /bin/bash
pyzor discover
(edit .pyzor/servers as suggested earlier)
razor-admin -create
... done, just run a few "spamassassin -D -t < /path/to/file" to check
that all is working.
This depends a bit on how you've configured it all:-).

> [root at mail MailScanner]#
> razor-admin -create -conf=/var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin/razor
> Could not create 'razorhome': Can't write file
> /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin/razor: Is a directory

Cheers
--
-- Glenn