Problem with MPEG file type

"Luís Fernando C. Talora" talora-listas at talora.com.br
Wed Jan 24 20:01:42 CET 2007

Fellows,

I had the followin line in filetype.rules.conf:

    deny MPEG            No MPEG movies          No MPEG movies allowed

Sometimes, users used to complain about send messages without any
attachments and receiving an error from MailScanner, saying "No MPEG
movies allowed". After I commented that line, the problem stopped. I
seems that, under some unknown circumstances (at least for me),
MailScanner "sees" some nonexistent MPEG attachments on the messages.
Have you guys ever experienced that? Is there a solution (other than
disabling the line above)?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Luis Talora