Greetpause seems very ineffective (Was: RE: Increased Volumes Of Spam)

Dennis Willson taz at taz-mania.com
Sun Jan 21 09:12:55 CET 2007

eMail has no guarantee of delivery or especially timing of delivery.

There are many many things that can effect the timing of delivery. If a
lawyer or other business needs an instant or guaranteed time of delivery
they certainly shouldn't be using eMail. Most servers retry within a few
minutes. I have my greylisting set to only force a 2 minute delay AND
this only occurs on the very first send form one user to another, each
additional email is not delayed at all.

This is really not a valid excuse...