Greetpause seems very ineffective (Was: RE: Increased Volumes Of Spam)

Alex Neuman alex at nkpanama.com
Sat Jan 20 15:24:33 CET 2007

In my particular case I've had to turn off greylisting for a few
servers because the owners would rather throw more resources at the
problem (cpu, ram, etc.) to check mail after it's received. Most
people I know get used to the additional delay after a while, but
there are some users who are more... let's call it "recalcitrant".

In any case, GreetPause became a permanent addition to the "bat-belt"
as soon as it came out. No cases of collateral damage so far, as with
FPs in RBL's and so on, and it works not just against slammers but a
lot of DOS situations as well.

If I had only one thing to pick to keep from my setup it would be
GreetPause.