(no subject)

Drew Burchett DrewB at united-systems.com
Fri Jan 19 14:58:56 CET 2007

I'm not sure if this is a MailScanner problem or a SpamAssassin problem,
but someone here will at least be able to help me narrow it down.  I am
running MailScanner 4.57.6 on Suse Linux 10.1.  My MTA is Postfix 2.3.6
and I'm running SpamAssassin 3.1.7.

The problem I seem to be having is that a lot of spam is getting
through.  I'm monitoring it with MailWatch and there are a lot of
messages that are obviously spam that are getting fairly low scores
because they simply aren't hitting any rules (or at least not very many
rules).  However, when I run spamassassin -D -p /path/to/my/config
</path/to/archived/mail, it will almost always come back hitting tons of
rules and scoring very high.  Running spamassassin -D -lint shows that I
have a few unresolved dependencies in some of the SARE rules that I've
downloaded, but I would think that if that were causing problems, it
would cause problems with running it on the command line as well.  I've
checked my syslog and there are only two instances of SpamAssassin
timing out and being killed over the past four days.  Beyond that, I'm
not even sure where to look.  Does anyone have any suggestions for what
may be wrong, or at least how to troubleshoot this problem?

Drew Burchett

United Systems & Software

Ph:    (270)527-3293

Fax:  (270)527-3132

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner and is believed to be clean.