AOL accounts trigger some weird rules. Suggestions please?

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Thu Jan 18 15:29:38 CET 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Kettler" <mkettler at evi-inc.com>
To: "MailScanner discussion" <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: AOL accounts trigger some weird rules. Suggestions please?

> Steve Campbell wrote:
>
>>> whitelist_from_spf aol.com
>>>

> Well, other rules do still apply.. SA's whitelisting doesn't really exempt
> an
> email from checks, it just adds a heavy score bias. (-100 points for the
> normal
> version, -15 for the def_whitelist_* variants)
>

>> Thanks for the idea. I'll look into this further.

Well, I looked into this further, and tried the line mentioned above, but
really don't see much difference in the email's scoring. I did find a few
Postfix fixes and suggestions, but I run Sendmail. Other than that, it
appears it should be working. Maybe it is.

What should I see that indicates this is working? To keep it simple for an
explanation, I see the SPF_PASS triggered on a real AOL email, with a score
of -0.00, but should I see the -15 or -100 score anywhere? Can the scoring
for this be modified to a different score like other rules' score? I have
very low SPAM and HIGH SPAM thresholds. These have worked very well here for
quite some time but a -15 would really throw this out of whack.

Thanks for the help. I'll keep googling and hope I see something on this.

Steve