Greylisting (WAS: Re: MailScanner ANNOUNCE: 4.57 released)

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 12:46:56 CET 2007

On 17/01/07, Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the top post all, I'll try to be brief.
>
> The below (and the patch) was just a tad (:-) naïve on my part. After
> reading up on the 2.3.6 and latest 2.4 snapshot code of postfix, I now
> know (thanks in great part to a very informative and longish comment
> by Wietse in cleanup_milter.c) that some of the assumptions were...
> less than correct. For one thing, we need preserve w records (deleted
> data) in the body as well as in the header segment. For another, there
> might be p records in any position that has been edited (/replaced) or
> inserted, and the dummy records are there so that the segmenty end
> markers (M, X and E records) won't be moved. ... And multiple "same
> record type" edits will lead to multiple forward p records to the one
> backward p record. Sigh.
> I still think we should do something like this first draft, just
> enhance it a bit to take the above into account:-).
>
> Oh well, more to come in a few days:-)
>
> Cheers
> -- Glenn

I've just sent off a couple of patches to Nerijus that should handle
the p records themselves nicely. If someone else would like to try
them out for a while, please let me know.

What remains is to corroborate that the things Jules does to determine
that the whole file is written is ... enough. More on this later.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn