Greylisting (WAS: Re: MailScanner ANNOUNCE: 4.57 released)

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 11:30:58 CET 2007

Sorry for the top post all, I'll try to be brief.

The below (and the patch) was just a tad (:-) naïve on my part. After
reading up on the 2.3.6 and latest 2.4 snapshot code of postfix, I now
know (thanks in great part to a very informative and longish comment
by Wietse in cleanup_milter.c) that some of the assumptions were...
less than correct. For one thing, we need preserve w records (deleted
data) in the body as well as in the header segment. For another, there
might be p records in any position that has been edited (/replaced) or
inserted, and the dummy records are there so that the segmenty end
markers (M, X and E records) won't be moved. ... And multiple "same
record type" edits will lead to multiple forward p records to the one
backward p record. Sigh.
I still think we should do something like this first draft, just
enhance it a bit to take the above into account:-).

Oh well, more to come in a few days:-)

Cheers
-- Glenn

--