Avast and MailScanner

James Gray james at gray.net.au
Wed Jan 17 06:58:24 CET 2007

On 09/01/2007, at 8:45 AM, Steve Freegard wrote:

> Hi Jules,
>
> Julian Field wrote:
>> Tell me where I can download it and I'll give you a hand.
>
> See http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-for-linux-edition.html
> for the various formats (RPM, DEB or tar.gz).

Bah - typical...free versions for Linux/Windows but nadda for Mac :
(  Oh well, ClamAV is doing a good job of it for me at the moment.
I'd just like to back it up with another (free) Mac-native virus
scanner.  You'd think if they have a Linux version, it couldn't be
too difficult to load up the source on Mac and create a universal
binary too.  *sigh*.

Cheers,

James