Avast and MailScanner

Rob Freeman rob at robhq.com
Mon Jan 8 22:46:36 CET 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info
[mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of Julian
Field
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 3:28 PM
To: MailScanner discussion
Subject: Re: Avast and MailScanner

rob wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 20:24:59 +0100, Glenn Steen wrote
>
>> On 08/01/07, rob <rob at robhq.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Any plans to add Avast anti-virus support in with MailScanner?  Looks
like it is free
>>> for home use, and not all that expensive for corp use compared to some
other solutions.

>>> Thanks in advance
>>>
>>> Rob
>>>
>> I've been meaning to type up a wrapper for some time now, but so far
>> it is one of the least prioritised projects I have. Time being at the
>> premium, means it never gets done:-).
>>
>> If you'd like to make a stab yourself, it's not that hard... look in
>> SweepViruses.pm and one of the simpler wrappers... The real
>> time-consumer is the testing bit (as always:).
>>
>> --
>> -- Glenn
>> email: glenn < dot > steen < at > gmail < dot > com
>> work: glenn < dot > steen < at > ap1 < dot > se
>> --
>>

> I will take a stab at it.  Thanks for the info!

Tell me where I can download it and I'll give you a hand.

Jules

- --
Julian Field MEng CITP

Looks like it uses the same kind of setup as avg for the updates and the
scanning from my initial findings.  Then again, I could be wrong and that
would not be a first at all.

Rob