Increased Volumes Of Spam

Randal, Phil prandal at herefordshire.gov.uk
Tue Jan 16 23:38:39 CET 2007

Scott Silva wrote:
> cbl.abuseat.org is part of zen.spamhaus.org, via the included
> lookup against the xbl list, so using both just increases your
> dns lookups without any extra benefit.
> Greetpause does help a lot, as I probably drop 10 to 20% of
> the spam with it alone. Five seconds is a good starting point,
> but probably not over 30 seconds.

The only problem with zen.spamhaus.org is this statement, found on
http://www.spamhaus.org/zen/index.lasso :

"ZEN Usage

Use of the Spamhaus DNSBLs via DNS queries to our public DNSBL mirrors
is free for low-traffic mail servers serving less than 100 users. Use of
the Spamhaus DNSBLs by commercial users, including corporate networks,
ISPs and ESPs, requires a subscription to Spamhaus's Data Feed service."

Cheers,

Phil
--
Phil Randal