Disabling razor....

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 15:11:19 CET 2007

On 14/01/07, Philip Butler <butler at globeserver.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was playing around to try to disable Razor and noticed that it
> wouldn't disable.  As it turns out, I didn't find the line:
>
>         SpamAssassin Prefs File = %etc-dir%/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
>
> in my mailscanner.conf file.  When I looked at the stock 4.57.6
> MailScanner.conf file, it wasn't there either.  It was in the
> mailscanner.conf.with.mcp file, but I haven't started using MCP yet.
> Anyway, I have put the line in.
>
> Should it be in this file ??  Or is it handled/defaulted some other
> way ??  What is the default path to the spam assassin conf file ??
> After doing all of this, I see that Razor is still active.  I have
> the line "use_razor2    0" in my spam.assassin.prefs.conf.
>
> I know this may be / probably is a spamassassin only issue - please
> forgive me if this post shouldn't be made here.
>
> I was wanting to turn on/off various aspects of mailscanner to see if
> I could get a feel as to what works best, etc.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phil

Since a while back MailScanner (and Jules Clam+SA package) relies on
there being a symbolic link /etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf
pointing to your spam.assassin.prefs.conf file. This is so that all
calls to spamassassin will have the same config, as well as being sure
that we don't try to set non-user preferenses in a user preference
file (which we did before).
This means that the settings in spam.assassin.prefs.conf get the same
"treatment" as local.cf settings, and that they (by m eing after l;)
override local.cf.

The way to diable a plugin in modern SA is to not load it:-). So look
through your /etc/mail/spamassassin/*.pre files and comment out the
appropriate LoadPlugin lines. Also make sure to comment out (one could
make this a conditional, of course, which would probably be better in
the long run:) any settings for razor in the mailscanner.cf, or else
it'll generate additional errors.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn