Best way to use clamav (MTA or MailScanner)

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at nkpanama.com
Sat Jan 13 05:43:58 CET 2007

Res wrote:
> conclusion:
> If you constantly process 5 concurrent emails, milter would be
> acceptable, if you have 300+ constant concurrent connections reaching
> 600 in peak periods, MailScanner is far superior (unless modern day
> scanning
> milters are a lot beter then when i tried it, but i seriously doubt it)

... which is the norm on around 80% of the servers I set up, so I don't
think much about it. The 11Mb file problem you talk about is also offset
by setting hard limits (usually between 5 and 10 mb) in sendmail.mc for
message sizes. Users are hit over the head repeatedly with a clue by
four (read "encouraged") to use other means to send larger files,
depending on their needs.

Alex Neuman
N&K Technology Consultants
http://nkpanama.com/