Greylisting (WAS: Re: MailScanner ANNOUNCE: 4.57 released)

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com
Thu Jan 11 15:27:23 CET 2007

Glenn Steen wrote:
> On 10/01/07, Nerijus Baliunas <nerijus at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>> On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 09:14:15 +0100 Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > I typed a longish reply to this one yesterday, which gmail then
>> > promptly swallowed:-).
>> > Oh well.
>> >
>> > The gist of it was "If I get time, I'll look at the code"... and
>> > "interresting that postcat demangles it correctly (so that the postcat
>> > of each queue file is ... well, as close to identical as possible)
>> > ...".
>>
>> Could you please tell me where to look in the code? As now I have a real
>> problem - if the last header is "Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64" it
>> becomes
>>          190324
>> and so is interpreted as Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64190324, thus
>> rendering message unparseable...
>>
>> Regards,
>> Nerijus
> I've chatted a bit with Jules off-list, to bring him up to speed...
> Lets see what he can do for us, shall we?
>
> You should start by familiarizing yourself with the Postfix.pm and
> PFDiskStore.pm modules in /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/, if you
> use the rom install at least (this directory is actually where all the
> innards of MailScanner is at, so ... reading a bit here and there
> should give you a few ideas of how it really is come together:-).

Just to give you guys a headstart, there are some newer records that MS
needs to address.

Quoting Weitse >>

If Mailscanner can speak the Milter protocol, great. Header
modifications are already supported in Postfix 2.3. Body modifications
with some luck in Postfix 2.4.

Direct queue file modification no longer works with Mailscanner versions
that don't recognize the new PTR records that Postfix needs for in-place
editing.

End Quote <<

- dhawal