Greylisting (WAS: Re: MailScanner ANNOUNCE: 4.57 released)

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 15:19:41 CET 2007

On 10/01/07, Nerijus Baliunas <nerijus at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 09:14:15 +0100 Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I typed a longish reply to this one yesterday, which gmail then
> > promptly swallowed:-).
> > Oh well.
> >
> > The gist of it was "If I get time, I'll look at the code"... and
> > "interresting that postcat demangles it correctly (so that the postcat
> > of each queue file is ... well, as close to identical as possible)
> > ...".
>
> Could you please tell me where to look in the code? As now I have a real
> problem - if the last header is "Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64" it becomes
>          190324
> and so is interpreted as Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64190324, thus
> rendering message unparseable...
>
> Regards,
> Nerijus
I've chatted a bit with Jules off-list, to bring him up to speed...
Lets see what he can do for us, shall we?

You should start by familiarizing yourself with the Postfix.pm and
PFDiskStore.pm modules in /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/, if you
use the rom install at least (this directory is actually where all the
innards of MailScanner is at, so ... reading a bit here and there
should give you a few ideas of how it really is come together:-).

--
-- Glenn