Installation

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Jan 10 23:01:51 CET 2007

Robert Isaac spake the following on 1/10/2007 1:22 PM:
> I used the tar installation package and guide to install MailScanner on
> Redhat ES4 that uses sendmail 8.13.1. I read the MS web site guide to
> configure sendmail that says:
>
>     drwxr-x---  2 root  bin   62976 Oct 23 16:18 mqueue
>     drwxr-x---  2 root  bin   41472 Oct 23 16:18 mqueue.in
>
> Mine is:
>
>     drwx------   2 root   mail   167936 Jan 10 21:03 mqueue
>     drwxr-x---   2 root   bin      4096 Jul  5  2005 mqueue.in
>
> Do I need to change this?
>
> Next the guide states:
>
> Currently, your copy of sendmail will be started by a script such as
> /etc/init.d/mail or /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail. Somewhere in this script will
> be the command to start sendmail itself. This should look like this:
>
>     sendmail -bd -q15m
>
> You should change this to the following two lines:
>     sendmail -bd -OPrivacyOptions=noetrn -ODeliveryMode=queueonly
> -OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in
>     sendmail -q15m
>
> I cannot find 'sendmail -bd -q15m' in my sendmail file.
>
> So, do these instructions apply to my setup?
>
> Thanks.
Is there a specific reason you want to use the tarball install?
The rpm based install will do so many more steps for you. It will leave you
with a almost ready to run install, ready for you to tweak and adjust. And you
will have the side benefit of the rest of your rpm system not breaking any of
your perl stuff.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and