Greylisting (WAS: Re: MailScanner ANNOUNCE: 4.57 released)

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Jan 5 20:44:16 CET 2007

Glenn Steen spake the following on 1/5/2007 12:20 AM:
> On 05/01/07, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
> (snip)
>> Glenn,
>> You also have my sympathies. I hope that the doctors can at least
>> treat your
>> Crohn's to a tolerable level now that they know what it is.
>>  At least I see that alcohol is still OK with most cases! ;-)
>>
> Yeah, that's the good thing with finally getting a diagnose ...
> Treatment, both medical and personal (people in the medical sphere of
> things can be so very patronizing:-), has so far improved
> drastically... And I'm still on the "light" stuff, so ... pretty
> livable ATM.
> I was expecting not only to have to give up booze but also my
> (other?-) vices... Horror above horrors to do without coffee and
> tobacco (snus, for those who are familiar with the concept:-). Turns
> out that with medicine and all I can still pretty much eat/drink
> whatever I want, look forward to a rather normal life (if one
> considers it normal to have someone shove a small hose up your rear
> end regularly, to do checkups:-), so ... I'm good now, or getting
> there, more or less.
> Appreciate the thought though.
>
> Sorry people for getting this mindbogglingly far off topic.
I think that occasionally going off topic like this makes it more like a
community then a bunch of strangers. Especially when it is about the creator
of the project or one of its more prolific contributors.
We wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for Julian, and Glenn seems to be
available on the list into the wee hours helping people.
But on to the pressing problems of e-mail and spam! ;-D

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and