MailScanner trying to access all directories under /var/*

Ananitya ananitya at prachanda.info
Tue Jan 2 22:22:19 CET 2007

On Tuesday 02 January 2007 11:39, Res wrote:
> Does it really matter though? I don't use sel because it causes more
> dramas than what the damned things worth on production servers, if it
> accesses it, it does it for a reason :)
Well SEL does provides lots of security features and once policy been written
carefully it works all transparently. Though it happened sometimes that
enabling SEL does highlights some of the undesireable feature/bug of
concerned software.

> But a quick look here with sendmail, mailscanner, spamassassin and f-prot
>
> stat64("/var/lock
> stat64("/var/spool/MailScanner
> stat64("/var/spool/mqueue
> connect(7, {sa_family=AF_FILE, path="/var/run/nscd/socket"}
> stat64("/var/lib/3.001007"
> stat64("/var/tmp"
>
> Nothing that shouldn't be there as far as I can see.

Yeah okay, maybe I would need to rewrite policies of all the helper apps
{spamassassin, clamav, razor, dcc, postfix) along with MailScanner policy so
they all can work together more peacefully.

Anyway thanks for reply.

--
Hello, GORRY-O!!  I'm a GENIUS from HARVARD!!