Julian Field in hospital

Tim Chown tjc at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Feb 28 14:36:10 CET 2007

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 01:22:30PM +0100, Glenn Steen wrote:

> Tim has promised to keep us posted, and he/they will bring this thread
> (more or less) to him when he is in a state to appreciate it
> (hardcopy, of course).
> As to what ails Jules, we really don't know ... He has described his
> medical condition in this thread:
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.mail.virus.mailscanner/47823 ... But
> what exactly the current problems stem from (of all the serious
> problems he has), we can only guess.
> I'm full of trust that he is receiving the best possible medical care
> and attention, and hope he will be able to make as full a recovery as
> possible.

Hi all,

I suspect Jules has deliberately played down his health issues because
that's the sort of person he is.   He'll do a fantastic job for everyone
he works with and not complain.

It's a long term condition of 10 years now, and one which has no name.
The doctors can't just look it up in a text book.    The thread above
gives more detail than I ever could.

On Thursday he was helped home feeling unwell.   He came in Friday but
again felt unwell so went home.   He was then found by his cleaner
who called the ambulance.    I understand he had collapsed having
suffered internal bleeding.

Based on my visit yesterday, he'd had no new bleeding for 24 hours, and
had made a very small improvement in that his drug level had been turned
down, but he is being kept unconscious by the drugs.   He's receiving
the best possible care in the ICU.

Regarding cards/gifts etc, let's please wait a little before doing
anything.   I'll make sure his very closest friends here discuss this with
his parents to see what they would like, and I'll then pass that on to
the list.

And again, I will make sure that every message is passed on.   They will
mean a lot.

--
Tim