Strange Missing Mail

Drew Marshall drew at technologytiger.net
Tue Feb 27 13:01:27 CET 2007

On Tue, February 27, 2007 03:01, Jeff Mills wrote:

>> Best of luck, if your MTA is sendmail, look in the logs for
>> the message, look for nrcpts=? this might give you a pointer
>> as to if it hit your network at all.
>>

> MTA is postfix.. Maybe this is one of those missing email problems that
> the postfix developers keep harping on about ;)

I doubt it as Postfix won't have split the queue file so the message will
have either gone missing or been delivered. What is there in the logs? Can
you post a log excerpt for the relevent message? (Postfix also logs number
of recipients :) )

Oh and in answer to Res' switch to Sendmail/ qMail and you problems will
go away, he missed a bit off the end which should say 'and you will have a
host of different ones' :)

Drew

PS No Holy war here, I know Res will take the comment in the spirit
intended ;)

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned
for viruses and dangerous content by the Technology Tiger MailScanner.

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ