What happens when you archive...

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Sat Feb 24 00:47:36 CET 2007

Right now I deep six all high scoring spam, quarantine regular spam for
30 days and forward ham to our Exchange server.  I got to thinking, it
would be cheap insurance to archive the ham for a couple weeks, in the
odd event that the exchange server goes belly up in the middle of the
night, after the backup has finished.  Some mail would be lost, but if
it's archived on the MailScanner box it would be safely there for me to
just resend when the internal mail server is restored.

I only want to archive the ham.  The spam already is by virtue of the
quarantine, and the high scoring spam is toast regardless.  If I just
set:
  Archive Mail = /var/spool/MailScanner/archive
will that do it, or will I need to create a ruleset to only save the
ham?

Have a great weekend...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500